Partnering with local nonprofits
to understand and address social determinants of health and well-being in Western North Carolina.
Our Guiding Principles
Dogwood Health Trust's commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is unwavering in our work to dramatically improve the health and well-being of all people and communities of Western North Carolina.
Our approach to that work is shaped by our guiding principles:
Keep People and Communities First.
We honor the diversity of lived experiences across Western North Carolina by listening to understand before seeking to be understood.
Pursue Strategic and Systemic Change.
We seek to catalyze transformative, multigenerational impact through data-informed and culturally competent decisions.
Be Accountable Stewards of Dogwood’s Resources.
We assume responsibility for making decisions that marshal the Trust’s resources for maximum positive impact.
• Population of all 18 Counties - 901,715
• Median Household Income - $42,670 Nat. Median $55,322
• Persons Below Poverty Level - 15.8% Nat. Average 12.7%
• With Disability < 65 - 11.8% Nat. Average 8.6%
• Without Health Insurance < 65 - 13.5% Nat. Average 10.1%
• Bachelor’s Degree or Higher - 26.5% Nat. Average 30.3%
• Civilian Labor Force - 55.4% Nat. Average 63.1%
• Persons Age 65 and Over - 22% Nat. Average 15.2%